Job Description: PR Assistant (Freelance Position)
Deadline for application: 6pm GMT, 10th Dec
Interview date: 15th Dec via zoom
Start date: 10th Jan (flexible/negotiable)
Hours needed: 20 hours per week
Fee: Enquire for rate
Duration: 6 months initial contract, with possible extension
Rarely Unable is a specialist PR company with a strong reputation, built on a work ethic of communicative honesty and tireless dedication. Amplifying the work of progressive, and fearlessly creative artists, labels and festivals that we’re incredibly proud to represent and care a great deal about, including high profile names as well as emerging artists. Representing Constellation, Kranky, Ipecac, Neurot, Southern Lord, Sargent House, Supersonic Festival and more. We pride ourselves on our relationships with an array of media outlets across the world, from daytime radio and mainstream print publications, to specialist print, online and radio.
We are looking for an ambitious and thoughtful freelance professional, with experience, knowledge, passion and an open mind for a variety of music (that’s often not easily categorised by conventional genre descriptors). Someone who has an aptitude for promotion of albums and live events. We are a remote team and need someone who is comfortable working from home with a good internet connection.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Composing press releases/preparing announcements and promo materials
- Contact database management
- Pitching news, reviews and feature ideas to media
- Project management
- Website updating
- Collating feedback
- Tour support (guest list and in person interview handling at gigs and festivals)
Experience & skills overview:
- Knowledge and interest in an array of music and live events.
- Experience within journalism/PR/promoting, with a focus on arts, music, culture (ideally with 1 years experience)
- Knowledge of radio, press and online publications in the UK, mainland Europe and North America
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills, able to prioritise and problem solve
- Adaptable/self starter
- Excellent research skills
- General IT skills
- Working knowledge of programs such as Mailchimp and Campaign Monitor, Promo Jukebox, Haulix and preferably a good understanding of WordPress
- Conscientious with a meticulous eye for detail
- A good working knowledge and experience of using social media platforms
- Happy to take on an array of tasks from basic admin to project management
- Confident at pitching creative ideas and comfortable liaising with media contacts
- Resourceful, level headed and able to work well under time pressure
- Willing to attend as many as three live shows per week (factored into weekly hours) – does not have to be London based
**If you have some but not all of the skills and experience, please do still consider applying.
Send your CV and cover letter (two A4 pages max.) by 6pm GMT Friday 10th December to email@example.com
We will notify candidates that we wish to interview by 6pm GMT Monday 13th December.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via zoom on Wednesday 15th December.